- Stories in Action! 3A is the third level of our AIM EFL/ESL series for Elementary students. This unit is based around the story of Purple Locks, a contemporary twist on the Goldilocks tale. The kit covers present, past and composed future tenses, as well as practice with object pronouns, prepositions and conjunctions. The DVD features a variety of raps to teach essential grammar concepts, as well as the kit's theme song and a bluesy Alphabet Song. Students are introduced to the concept of story extension, a technique that gives the students the tools to extend their creative boundarie
The AIM enables the students to:
- express themselves orally from the first lesson;
- learn a current vocabulary useful in their day-to-day lives;
- learn a vocabulary in a visual, auditory and kinesthetic manner;
- participate in literacy- and drama-based activities;
- learn to think and write creatively while practicing oral communication;
- be part of an "educational community" that emphasizes cooperative learning;
- use an approach based on stories, plays, dance and music.
Each AIM kit (50 instructional hours) contains:
- Teacher's guide;
- Program guide;
- PowerPoint™ presentations, plus Big Book or colour overheads of the play;
- student activity sheets (as blackline masters or workbooks;)
- audio CD, containing songs, raps and sound effects;
- song posters;
- ancillary vocabulary posters;
- four-colour image cards;
- teacher DVD, containing classroom footage, gestures, plays and dances;
- student DVD (optional);
- creative storytelling activities;
- game cards.
- Play, song and vocabulary gestured for this unit.