Register: Barrie July 3-5
- Select 'Login' to login or create account
- Go to 'Workshops' page
- Select desired workshop from list
- Select workshop day(s) from pull-down menu on left
- Add to cart
Kempenfelt Conference Centre
Thursday, July 3 -
Saturday, July 5, 2014
July 3, 2014,
8:00am - 9:00am
July 3, 2014, 9:00 am
to July 5, 2014, 3:00 pm
3722 Fairway Rd Innisfil,
Barrie, ON L9S 1A5
Apply for Seattle University Credits!
AIM Summer Institute participants can apply for 2 Seattle University credits!
Professional Development Director
Jennifer@aimlanguagelearning.com 1800-668-6288 ext. 107
Register early and save $100!
Early Bird Rate expires April 15, 2014
Join us for the 12th Annual AIM Summer Institute East!
Special Guest Keynote Speaker: Dr. Stephen Krashen!
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Stephen Krashen to both the Summer Institute East and West this year. Emeritus Professor of Education at the University of Southern California, Dr. Krashen is known for developing a comprehensive theory of second language acquisition and introducing the concept of sheltered subject matter teaching. He has also made significant contributions to theory and application in the area of bilingual education and reading. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from one of the greatest thinkers in the field of second language acquisition!
For more information on Dr. Stephen Krashen Click here
AIM Summer Institutes offer extensive programming over three days to enable new teachers to learn about the unique techniques and strategies used in the AIM, and experienced teachers to deepen their knowledge and skills. Register to:
Connect with new and experienced AIM teachers
The Summer Institute draws participants from across North America and around the world. Connect with and share best practices with teachers who share a passion for languages and innovative teaching practices.
Attend inspiring workshops, led by AIM experts
A wealth of topics will be covered for both new and experienced AIM teachers. Examples include:
- The Essential Elements of AIM
- Strategies for Success in the AIM Classroom
- Spontaneous Communication with AIM
- AIM and SMARTBoard
- Making Grammar Fun!
- AIM and the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Differentiated Learning and Classroom Management
- Assessment for, as and of Learning in an AIM Classroom
- Cultural Literacy and the AIM
Relax in a beautiful lakeside location! Kempenfelt Conference Centre is located right on the shores of Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe in Barrie, Ontario. www.kempenfelt.com
Don’t miss out: register early!
- The Summer Institute often sells out!
- Save $100! Register byApril 15, 2014 for the Early Bird Rate!
- View the AIM Summer Institute EAST 2012 slideshow
Locations and Directions
Kempenfelt Conference Centre is located near Barrie, Ontario, about one hour by car from Toronto.
- Arriving by plane: fly directly to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
- Shuttle service from Pearson International Airport: Simcoe County Airport Services. Simcoe County Airport Services provides transportation to locations in Simcoe County, including Kempenfelt, leaving the Pearson International Airport every hour on the half hour. You can call in advance with your flight information and arrival terminal and they will be there to pick you up. You can also arrange pick-up from Kempenfelt at the end of the Summer Institute to take you back to the airport.
Accommodation July 2, 2014
- By prior arrangement, accommodation can be reserved at Kempenfelt the night before the Summer Institute, on July 2, 2014.
- Room rates (payable on arrival to Kempenfelt directly): $99/single room or $111/double room + 13% HST for the B&B rate (room plus hot breakfast).
- Please note, dinner will not be available on July 2, 2014, although Kempenfelt does have a limited bar menu with food choices that can be ordered and paid for directly at the bar.
- Please check in by 11pm at the latest on July 2nd if possible. If you will be arriving later, please let us know so we can make sure you have access to your room.
Please email Jennifer Hall at AIM (email@example.com) to reserve a room for July 2nd.
|Early Bird Rate|| Regular
|Option 1: 3 days of workshops + meals|
|Workshops + meals (no accommodation)||$695||$795|
|Option 2: 3 days of workshops + meals + accommodation|
|Double/shared accommodation (per person)
Register by April 15, 2014 to receive Early Bird Rate.
| Prices include all taxes
All meals are included in the conference price: July 3: Lunch, dinner, evening reception; July 4: Breakfast, lunch, dinner; July 5: Breakfast, lunch; snack breaks provided throughout the conference