Register: Victoria, BC
- Select 'Login' to login or create account
- Go to 'Workshops' page
- Select desired workshop from list
- Select workshop day(s) from pull-down menu on left
- Add to cart
Brentwood College School
Tuesday, Aug 19 -
Thursday, Aug 21, 2014
Aug 19, 2014,
8:00am - 9:00am
Aug 19, 2014, 9:00 am
to Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm
2735 Mount Baker Road,
Victoria (Mill Bay), BC
Apply for Seattle University Credits!
AIM Summer Institute participants can apply for 2 Seattle University credits!
Register early and save $100!
Early Bird Rate expires April 15, 2014
Join us for the 6th Annual AIM Summer Institute West!
Special Guest Keynote Speaker: Dr. Stephen Krashen!
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Stephen Krashen to both the Summer Institute East and West this year. Emeritus Professor of Education at the University of Southern California, Dr. Krashen is known for developing a comprehensive theory of second language acquisition and introducing the concept of sheltered subject matter teaching. He has also made significant contributions to theory and application in the area of bilingual education and reading. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from one of the greatest thinkers in the field of second language acquisition!
For more information on Dr. Stephen Krashen Click here
AIM Summer Institutes offer extensive programming over three days to enable new teachers to learn about the unique techniques and strategies used in the AIM, and experienced teachers to deepen their knowledge and skills. Register to:
Connect with new and experienced AIM teachers
The Summer Institute draws participants from across North America and around the world. Connect with and share best practices with teachers who share a passion for languages and innovative teaching practices.
Attend inspiring workshops, led by AIM experts
A wealth of topics will be covered for both new and experienced AIM teachers. Examples include:
- The Essential Elements of AIM
- Strategies for Success in the AIM Classroom
- Spontaneous Communication with AIM
- AIM and SMARTBoard
- Making Grammar Fun!
- AIM and the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Differentiated Learning and Classroom Management
- Assessment for, as and of Learning in an AIM Classroom
- Cultural Literacy and the AIM
Relax in a beautiful oceanfront location! Brentwood College is located right on the ocean in beautiful Mill Bay. www.brentwood.bc.ca
Don’t miss out: register early!
- The Summer Institute often sells out!
- Save $100! Register by April 15, 2014 for the Early Bird Rate!
- View the AIM Summer Institute WEST 2012 slideshow
Locations and Directions
Brentwood College is located in Mill Bay, about one hour by car from Victoria, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island.
- Arriving by plane: fly directly to Victoria International Airport.
- Arriving by car from the Vancouver area: travel by BC Ferries from Horseshoe Bay via Nanaimo or Tsawwassen via Victoria.
The school is a one-hour drive from the Victoria International Airport and from the ferry terminals in Nanaimo and Victoria. Brentwood can provide transportation to/from the Victoria International Airport and to/from the major ferry terminals by prior arrangement and for an additional cost. Anticipated costs based on expected transportation charges from Brentwood are approximately $25 per person per one-way trip. Based on demand, we can help arrange scheduled pick-up times and locations.
Please email Jennifer Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at AIM to discuss transportation options.
Accommodation August 18, 2014
- By prior arrangement, accommodation can be reserved at Brentwood the night before the Summer Institute, on August 18, 2014.
- Room rates: $100/single room or $120/double room. This rate includes taxes and hot breakfast on August 19th.
- Please note, dinner will not be available. There is a small shopping centre with a grocery store (open until 10pm) and a few restaurants located within walking distance.
- Please check in by 10pm at the latest on August 18th if possible. If you will be arriving later, please let us know so we can make sure you have access to your room.
Please email Jennifer Hall at AIM (email@example.com) to reserve a room for August 18th.
|Early Bird Rate|| Regular
|Option 1: 3 days of workshops + meals|
|Workshops + meals (no accommodation)||$695||$795|
|Option 2: 3 days of workshops + meals + accommodation|
|Double/shared accommodation (per person)||$895||$995|
Register by April 15, 2014 to receive Early Bird Rate.
| Prices include all taxes
All meals are included in the conference price: Aug 19: Lunch, dinner, evening reception; Aug 20: Breakfast, lunch, dinner; Aug 21: Breakfast, lunch; snack breaks provided throughout the conference.
Watch this space: Conference program and schedule coming soon!