AIM TEACHER CERTIFICATE
AIM Teacher Certification entails personal online study, and must be completed within a maximum of 12 months.
Up to six hours of personal support, training and guidance is allotted to each teacher who enters the program. Becoming a Certified AIM Teacher involves working independently through the modules in the AIM Online Teacher Training site with the personal guidance of a mentor who evaluates and helps develop each AIM teacher's skills. The program is designed for an AIM teacher who has successfully completed at least 150 hours (three AIM kits). A teacher may not begin certification before contacting our office for pre-approval.
AIM Online Teacher Training acts as the platform for certification and the vast majority of the certification program can be completed online. All work is submitted via the AIM Online Teacher Training website for assessment. Final certification requires that teachers submit classroom footage as well as samples of students' written work.
Key elements of the Certification Program:
- AIM Teacher Certification offers clear recognition of a teacher's strong understanding and practical ability to implement AIM strategies and techniques in the classroom.
- Many schools and school boards/districts that recognize the quality of language instruction in an AIM classroom are now requiring qualified AIM teachers. Achieving AIM Certified Teacher designation enables teachers to demonstrate they are AIM qualified.
- The AIM office and website keeps a permanent list of AIM Certified Teachers for employers to verify a teacher's AIM qualification.
- Teachers develop a relationship with the AIM community as they complete the certification process and may be recommended to enter the AIM Mentorship Program.
- AIM Teacher Certification is worth 10 Seattle University post baccalaureate credits.
- Teachers have a period of 12 months to complete the certification process.
Fee: $375 and $10/month's access to AIM Online Teacher Training through the completion of certification