At AIM Language Learning we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our customers, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our customers’ privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA),which came into effect on January 1, 2004. PIPA sets out the ground rules for how B.C. businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
We will inform our customers of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a matter that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPA, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting customers’ personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our customers’ information.
Scope of this Policy
This Personal Information Protection Policy applies to AIM Language Learning. This policy also applies to any service providers collecting, using or disclosing personal information on behalf of AIM Language Learning.
- Personal Information – means information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information does not include contact information (described below).
- Contact Information – means information that would enable and individual to be contacted at a place of business and includes name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number. Contact information is not covered by this policy or PIPA.
- Privacy Officer– means the individual designated responsibility for ensuring that AIM Language Learning complies with this policy and PIPA.
- Policy 1 – Collecting Personal Information1.1 Unless the purpose for collecting the personal information are obvious and the customer voluntarily provides his/her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing before or at the time of collection.1.2 We will collect only customer information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To identify customer preferences
- to deliver requested products and services;
- to enroll the client in a program;
- to ensure a high standard of services to our customers.
- Policy 2 – Consent2.1 We will not share any information from you with outside parties without your consent.
- Policy 3 – Securing Personal Information3.1 We are committed to ensuring the security of customer personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.3.2 We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
- Policy 4 – Questions and Complaints : The Role of the Privacy officer or designated individual4.1 The Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring AIM Language Learning compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.4.2 Customers should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding AIM Language Learning compliance in writing to the Privacy Officer. If the Privacy Officer is unable to resolve the concern, the customer may also write to the information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia