“The Webinars were one of the most exciting learning experiences I have had recently. It was so great to learn, discuss, collaborate and share with colleagues from all over, including other ‘Canadian provinces, and the U.S.-Lousiana, New Hampshire. Thanks so much AIM Language learning for the wonderful professional development opportunity!”
The Summer Institute will enable new teachers to learn about the unique techniques and strategies used in the AIM, and experienced teachers to deepen their knowledge and skills.
Connect and share best practices with teachers from across North America and around the world who share a passion for languages and innovative teaching practices
Get ready for 2018 Summer Institute International! (Dates to be announced very soon)
Languages covered: French (Beginner and Experienced), Spanish (Beginner and Experienced) and Mandarin (Beginner)
Keynote Speaker: Wendy Maxwell!
Wendy Maxwell is an award-winning teacher who has transformed second language instruction, both in Canada and internationally. Wendy is the program creator and lead author of AIM Language Learning’s programs. Wendy is the recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence (1999) and the H.H. Stern Award for Innovation in Second Languages (2004).
A wealth of topics will be covered for both new and experienced AIM teachers.
- Strategies for Success in the AIM Classroom
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and AIM
- Integrating Culture and Action-Oriented Tasks
- Assessment in an AIM Classroom
- Classroom Management, Tips & Techniques
- Making Grammar Fun – the Inductive Approach
- Get them speaking spontaneously
- Targeting the Target Language
- AIM, theThe Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), and the Ontario Curriculum
- The Essential Elements of AIM – it’s NOT about the play !
and much more!
- Pauline Fice-Galea