Authentic learning is achieved through scaffolding techniques which use story-telling, gestures, active collaboration and repetition. The use of high-frequency vocabulary, introduced with gestures and contextualized in stories, drama, songs and dance, allows students to rapidly achieve levels of oral and written proficiency rarely seen with conventional methods.
Teacher Training + Resources = Success
By using the AIM in your classroom you will create an environment where your students will:
- Feel comfortable to express themselves in the target language from the first lesson.
- Learn vocabulary through visual, auditory and kinesthetic tools
- Participate in all activities in the target language based on literature and drama
- Learn to think and write creatively, while practicing oral communication
- Be part of a “learning community” that emphasizes cooperative learning